Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Finally the Perfect Sweet Potato

        
 Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes 

I have been searching for the perfect way to make baked sweet potatoes for months! Only once did I get close-to-perfect sweet potatoes by baking them in the oven. My husband just got an air fryer so I thought I would try it out.

To get the perfect air-fried sweet potato:
  • Wash the sweet potatoes
  • Stab the sweet potatoes all over (I use a fork)
  • Rub the sweet potatoes with olive oil
  • Rub salt into the olive oil
  • Put in an air fryer basket and cook at 390 degrees for about 45 minutes - turn about half-way through.
  • Here is the key: When the sweet potatoes are done, the skin will be loose and you can peel it back easily. Do not stop cooking them until the skin is loose or the sweet potatoes will still be hard in the center. 
While still very hot, I cut a slit in the top of the sweet potatoes and add butter. I think a perfectly cooked sweet potato only needs butter, but you can also add brown sugar if you prefer!

 We usually eat sweet potatoes with thin-sliced chicken. I will post that recipe soon! It's simple but irresistible. Stay tuned! 





No comments:

Post a Comment