Monday, August 10, 2020

Life Hack to Help You Feel Better on Less Sleep

 This school year is going to be one for the books. I'm going to be teaching full time and attending my last year of grad school. While in college, I've grown accustomed to being too busy and getting too little sleep, but this year will be a challenge even for me. I need to be strategic and pull out a life hack that has helped me before. 

Has your alarm ever gone off when you were in the middle of deep sleep? Mine has. It leaves me with brain fog and can affect my whole day. There is a way to make sure that never happens! You can get a free app for your phone called Sleep Cycle. Sleep Cycle is a smart alarm. You set a time frame in which you want to wake up (mine was set for 6:10-6:40 this morning). Sleep Cycle monitors frequencies you emit to be able to tell when you are in deep sleep and light sleep. When you are in light sleep during that alarm time frame, the alarm wakes you up. 

I found Sleep Cycle years ago and have never ceased to be impressed with it. It gives me a better start to my day. I have less brain fog and am less grumpy when I use Sleep Cycle as my alarm. 

Anyways, I have no affiliation with Sleep Cycle and just wanted to share this life hack with you. I encourage you to try it if you have difficulties waking up in the mornings. 

It's pretty interesting to see your sleep data that Sleep Cycle tracks for you! Here is my data from last night's sleep. 



No comments:

Post a Comment