Saturday, April 11, 2020

3 Ingredient Berry Blast Syrup

I never find pancakes entirely satisfying without there being fruit involved. I came up with this easy recipe so that I can whip up home-made pancakes with berry blast syrup any time I get a pancake craving. 

This makes enough syrup for 1-2 people. 

Ingredients
  • About 1 cup frozen berries of choice (I usually use mixed berries)
  • 3 tbsp. honey (2 tbsp. sugar should also do the trick)
  • 1 tbsp. lemon juice
Directions
  1. Add all ingredients to a small sauce pan. Bring to boil. Reduce to a simmer; simmer until syrup begins to thicken, stirring occasionally. 
  2. Remove from heat. Serve on pancakes. I recommend topping with whipped cream! 
Notes
I usually cook this simultaneously with the pancakes so they are done about the same time. If you let this sit while you cook the pancakes, the syrup may become too thick. If that happens, just add it back to the heat until it becomes the consistency you like. 

For a twist on this that I call berry lemonade syrup, use more lemon juice to taste (about 2 tbsp.). 

No comments:

Post a Comment