Sunday, April 19, 2020

Bedroom Before and After

This week isn't a recipe, although I have more of those coming. 

We have made big changes in our bedroom this month! First, we got a new bedset. I searched and searched for a bedset that 1.) fit my style 2.) we could afford and 3.) is made of real wood. This bedset meets all of my criteria! We also got it at a local business that delivered it and put it together for us. Here is a close up to show some of the details: 
The boards feature live edges. It is the Ivan Smith Pasco bedset in case you want to check it out. 

I also did a major paint overhaul in the bedroom. The walls were a faded and stained beige color. I made an accent wall with Rainy Afternoon by Benjamin Moore and painted the other three walls Silver Song by Benjamin Moore. Here is a before and after comparison: 
Farmhouse style with its very beige and greige tones has been in for a while, but I want to challenge you to be bold with color! The dark green color I chose is not everyone's cup of tea, but it is mine. I have a style that I like to think of as "naturesque", or something. Use color in a way that is uniquely your style! (Unless you plan to sell soon, then use colors everyone likes.) 

Next, I plan to share some of the accessories in the room! I have some more accessories on the way right now, so it will have to wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment