Monday, May 4, 2020

Finding the Perfect Sage Green



Ever since we bought our house about a year and a half ago, I have envisioned painting the bedroom I use for my office sage green. The entire house needed repainted badly. The tans on the walls were faded and stained. It has taken me a while to get to the office, because green is a very tricky color! It is very easy to get too much yellow or too much blue in it. Too much yellow, and it looks tacky. Too much blue, and it looks like an Easter egg. 

The safest way to get a sage green that you can love for years is to go with a gray-toned sage! We went with Gray Expose 5007-2A by Valspar in eggshell. 
Gray Expose
Other colors we considered are Tornado Watch 6002-2A by Valspar and Rare Gray SW 6199 by Sherwin Williams.
Valspar Paint - Color Chip - Tornado Watch
Rare Gray SW 6199 - Green Paint Color - Sherwin-Williams

Gray Expose was the right choice for us. I really love this color! It is green, but not too green. It is both soothing and elegant. 

It is hard to capture a picture that does this color justice, but here is one that I think shows the true nature of Gray Expose: 

No comments:

Post a Comment